Ponder this:

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy crow

My breakfast yesterday was the last of the Valentine's Day chocolate covered strawberries.
As I walked to the barn, I threw the remaining bit out on top of the snow where the voles who live in the stone wall would find it.
I came home from work to find in the snow an impression of the tips of a crow's wing and a long meandering path that intersected with the strawberry's remains' last resting place.
The little elf cap of green leaves was gone.

10 comments:

Olga said...

It doesn't take the crows long to find free food. I liked the link to pin cushions--very cute.

Wanda..... said...

I relate to your peaceful scenario, June...often leave little fruit treats myself for the chipmunks.

Tracy said...

June,
That's a crow for you...don't leave a thing behind! Sounds like some women and chocolate :) well, I should speak for myself, yes?

Fran Hill said...

You threw CHOCOLATE away?

June said...

Fran. No. Certainly not. The only part left for the wildlife was the green leafy part of the strawberry.
What? Do you think I am insane?

Carolynn Anctil said...

A sweet taste of summer for the lucky fellow!

Barb said...

What? You didn't mention chocolate covered strawberries, June. Where have you been hiding them? That crow hit the jackpot!

Morning Bray Farm said...

You're amazing. Your beautiful writing turned an ordinary moment into a fairy tale. :)

Cathy said...

This is just plain sweet.

You leave us with visuals so fresh and smile-inducing.

generic Medicine online said...

Thank you for your guidance and support.You’re the sweetest! Thank you for everything you do!