Ponder this:

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year blessing

On my way home from work two days ago, I stopped at a friend's to pick up some candles (creme caramel scent...they're almost edible) that she had ordered for me. Kim is a grand storyteller; it's hard to leave her because there's always one more laugh to be shared. We stood near my truck talking for an hour, while the sun went down and the wind came up, and it got colder and colder.

By the time I set off for home it was full dark, although not yet six o'clock.

Two roads and two miles from home, I saw a moving mass of something a quarter mile ahead in the road. I slowed down, and when I was less than a hundred feet away I was able to make out a herd of whitetails, including some 2008 fawns with their rounded winter-fuzzy little heads. There were so many of them that I had to stop until they decided to split into two groups and make an opening for me to go through.

I drove on slowly, smiling. It's a nice blessing on my New Year.

From http://www.sayahda.com/cyc2.html:
Deer teaches us the power of gentleness, keen observation and sensitivity. Deer are in tune with nature and all it holds. They are sacred carriers of peace and show those with this totem how to open their hearts and love unconditionally.
Their senses are acute and they see extremely well in low light, giving them the ability to understand the deeper symbolic meanings of things. They can hear a twig snap in the far distance. Anyone who has deer as a totem has hidden clairvoyant and clairaudient abilities. They can see between the shadows, detect subtle movements and hear what is not being said. Call on deer to help you develop these gifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a great website. My two totems are Horse and Heron.