- Lying in bed and having a small poodle nestle his warm body against one's slightly arthritic lower back.
- Finally clearing up a pile of things dropped in one spot for moving elsewhere "later." I have an antique student desk at the foot of the stairway. It's in a little nook and the perfect place to drop things for later travel upstairs. Except that things seem to grow roots there. Yesterday I bestirred myself to clear out the whole mess.
- Listening to a Great Horned Owl calling out there in the dark.
- Being in the middle of a book that wants me to come back to it.
- Seeing all three animals cavorting and exercising their instincts. All of us outdoors. In complete comfort. In late November.
- Knowing that I need not go out among the maddened Shoppers who are armed with pepper spray and worse.
- Sitting and conversing with Husband about news stories or acquaintances or the tractor. Such comfort.
Disaster Has Struck My Photo Files!
2 hours ago