Ponder this:

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pilgrimage

Sunday Scribblings offers the prompt Pilgrimage, asking: "Is there something you'd like, in your lifetime, to go far to see?"
I would go far...

to see my cottage on a winding small road in the Loire Valley, with one door, one window to each side, windowboxes massed with exuberant red flowers. It is the cottage where I lived in imagination when I was a student of la belle langue.

It is there, and it is mine.
If I saw it, and touched its sun-scented warm stone walls, it would know me.

7 comments:

GreenishLady said...

I do hope you get to spend time in your special cottage. What a beautiful dream!

Carolynn Anctil said...

This sounds very much like my dream.

Mary said...

I hope you someday find your cottage. Beautiful idea.

Michelle said...

How lovely!

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful! This cottage offers much -

Mary said...

I'm having a lot of fun with the letter meme!

Your letter is 'S'

I can't wait to see your answers.

floreta said...

i often imagine that there are pockets of the world unseen to me... a whole other world that i want to know. you capture this feeling simply. perfect.