Ponder this:

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I won! I won!

I won Shreve's caption contest at The Daily Coyote!  ...and my prize is an Eagle Feather Artemis necklace! Look at this thing! It's huge! 
Very exciting!





Description
Artemis is the Greek goddess of forests and hills, goddess of the hunt. This necklace is imbued with her strength and purity, connecting you with the earth, helping you find whatever it is you seek.

This necklace is made from a 4.25" length of naturally shed elk antler, which hangs from a dark brown leather thong. MC has adorned the antler with a single, stunning eagle feather. 
. . .
100% Natural
100% Eco-Friendly
100% Cruelty-Free
. . .
Elk grow a new set of antlers each summer, and each spring, they drop naturally. I go out on my horse and sometimes I'm lucky enough to spot one in the sagebrush.


If any of you aren't familiar with The Daily Coyote, I highly recommend it for a daily dose of natural beauty, the story of Charlie the rescued coyote, and his household.

6 comments:

Lord Wellbourne said...

Congratulations for your cleverness and its reward! Truly a singular piece of jewelry!

Bibi said...

I am so impressed (and not surprised) that you won this contest, June............and I can't think of a more meaningful and perfect prize for you to treasure.........a true keepsake !!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Congratulations! Wow. That's beautiful and has so much meaning attached. You're the second home I've visited today who are sharing the news of winnings. (I won something yesterday too. I'll post about it when it arrives). It's VERY exciting, isn't it?! Enjoy!

Barb said...

Oh, June - this is awesome! Think of me sometimes when you hold the talisman - I think it may have some very special powers. Happy New Year, June!

Joe Todd said...

Congrats. and Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for sharing your world

threecollie said...

Wow, how did I miss this! Wonderful, congratulations!