Ponder this:

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baked Zucchini (aka courgette in the UK) and Tomato Casserole Recipe

My friend B sent me this zucchini/tomato recipe and I cooked it up Sunday afternoon. Instead of the panko bread crumbs, I used some stale homemade Italian herb bread that I chopped up into little dry coarse crumbs. And when I was grabbing herbs from the pantry, I grabbed Adobo seasoning instead of garlic powder. I hardly ever make anything the way I'm told to.



It most definitely does require that (at least) ten minute wait before cutting for it all to firm up. I actually let it sit quite a bit longer than that and it was a little loose. My tomatoes were very ripe and juicy. Next time, I might layer the crumbs among the vegetables. It didn't come out of the pan in perfect little squares. Sure is tasty, though, and the zucchini was nicely al dente. I think this is going into the regular rotation. 
Thanks, B!

7 comments:

Cloudia said...

yummy



Aloha from Honolulu,

Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

> < } } ( ° >

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Thanks June! YUM and I have both on hand so I'll do it up this afternoon. (Lord knows I need something low-cal)

DJan said...

That sounds so good! Also looks like it was a hit.

Barb said...

Looking very yummy - too bad I'm a lousy cook!

Morning Bray Farm said...

Looks and sounds wonderful. Since I'm always looking for recipes with zucchini, we'll be trying it here soon. Thank you, June!

Unknown said...

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

Best,

Hannah
hannah.taylor.com@gmail.com

June said...

Hannah, I don't think I trust you. Your profile shows me nothing. I think you might be smokescreen for something dangerous.