Ponder this:

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday, hump day

It is jump-in-the-shower time but the following thoughts occur to me and I don't feel like jumping-in-the-shower right this minute.

Now that the nights are cool . . . high 40s, low 50s . . . I sleep so deeply! It's like going on a slumberous vacation, burrowing under the blankets, nestling my head among the pillows, getting the firm pillows and the soft pillows in exactly the right spots. It's the only part of my 24 hour day that I feel like a princess.

Afternoon boss emailed this morning: won't be in, up all night with chest pain. This is no longer cause for alarm in my heart. He subsists on an hour and a half of sleep per night, if he is to be believed, and he has had heart issues since forever and, most of the time, ignores them. I've been wishing for a come-home-early day and for sure now, today won't be it.

Speaking of heart issues, I went out and did my very short walk this morning. All of fifteen minutes. I do lose my breath quickly, but I also seem to recover it quickly, so I guess that's good. I did not want to go out there this morning. It's dark and damp and not energizing weather, but just because I felt that I might never want to go out and walk again, I did it. By golly! So now I've broken through that mental barrier. So many of those mind games I have to play to accomplish almost anything!

I did send my complaint to the hospital administrator. Quite eloquent, I think I was, with just enough emotion to inspire empathy. I await some response. I expect I'll get something from somebody. Maybe a coupon for a free blood test, the way big corporations do for complaints about grocery items?

15 comments:

Olga said...

I would love to hear that you got a response from a bureaucracy.

DJan said...

Those mind games are ones I play, too. I am usually very happy when I look back at how hard it was to do something but how much better I feel afterwards. Hope you hear back from the hospital administrator and you let me know what happens...

Friko said...

Why must I be so very sensible always. If you can play mind games, why can't I?

I just clicked back and found, among other things, the Enjoy The Ride clip. I hadn't seen it before and, apart from the many religious images, I loved it.

C-ingspots said...

Nice post. I enjoyed it very much. I can empathize with not feeling like doing something at all the appointed times throughout the day...someday, when my time is my own, I will be blessed; but until that day, I too will continue my mind games to accomplish what I must. Enjoy your day!

Joanne Noragon said...

I adore winter bed coverings, too. Snuggle down one more minute in the warm nest.

Barb said...

Good - I'm glad you went for your walk. Sometimes I feel tired, but I force myself out the door and feel more energized almost immediately. I'm also snoozing better - it's downright cold in Breckenridge!

georgia little pea said...

Rehab at the gym in my neighbourhood is boring me to bits and I will do anything... clean house, blog... just to avoid it. But once I'm there and sweating... it's fantastic!

I'm sure when The People In Charge Of These Things write you, we'll hear about it LOL. Take it easy on the hill X

Rubye Jack said...

I love the way you always say your "very short walk". It always gets me to thinking that that's all I need do. Just get out there and do something. Tomorrow, I will by golly.

Hilary said...

Those little mind games must be reasonably common because I do them, also. I hope that administrator is more empathetic than the cardiologist.

Linda Myers said...

I love the snuggling in at night too. I recently got a CPAP, so that's part of the process. I'm getting used to it, finally.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Oh June, it takes me 15 minutes just to get ready to get out the door. Half of the 15 minutes is spent with the mind game just to get out of bed, put the shoes on (darn laces)I never undo them properly from the day before so I have to wrestle them, then get the darn heart monitor strap thingie all sorted to put it on and the wrist receiver etc etc. Then the belt bag with camera, phone, water. By the time I hit the driveway sometimes I feel I'm setting off on an expedition and sometimes I've lost the motivation to go at all.

Tom said...

I know all about the walk -- always hard to do, but always glad you did it.

May you receive a polite and helpful response to your complaint ... but, you know, the coupon might be more useful!

Lynette said...

skip once and you'll skip again, and it's a slippery slope down from then

Vicki Lane said...

We too are having wonderful sleeping weather -- open windows and a heavy comforter are the perfect combination,

Carolynn Anctil said...

As long as I have a dog, sleeping in will be little more than a dream. She has an uncanny inner clock that goes off at exactly 6:00 am every morning.

Mind games? I have to bribe my inner recalcitrant child.