Ponder this:

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My witty coworker



It was time to leave work yesterday afternoon. 
I put on my full length down coat. 
I'm kinda puffy, all by myself, and when I am wearing that coat, I am puffy, puffy, puffy.
Afternoon Boss and I were chewing over the latest workplace drama.  
I reached in my pocket and pulled out my keys. 
Out fell a penny. 


I bent over to get it and all the puff of my coat (added to all the underlying bulk) was in my way.
I straightened up sans penny and two more pennies flew from somewhere and bounced on the floor.
I stared at them for a second, wondering how they'd jumped out of my pocket all by themselves.
Then I looked at Afternoon Boss in perplexity.


"You're goin' through your change!" he cried.


00125-laughing-woman-portrait.jpg (311?425)



What a wit.

10 comments:

Von said...

Oh it's moments like these hey?

Lord Wellbourne said...

Funny guy. I would have told him something along the lines of "That's not 'change', buddy, that's my salary". Or, if it were someone I didn't particularly care for: "Yeah, I brought three pennies today in case you had more than two original thoughts." See, I told you you were nicer than I am. :-)

June said...

Yes, yes, it's moments like those...

LW, Afternoon Boss is one of the good guys.
His exclamation was so unexpected, in the midst of my embarrassment at my thickness, that I fell against a nearby file cabinet and shouted with laughter.

Lord Wellbourne said...

Thank heavens you have the afternoon to look forward to! It is always the spontaneous remarks and actions that bestow the most pleasure between good-hearted people. 'Puffy' is good when inadvertently becoming one with office furniture!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I would have been looking at you like the Golden Goose and had you keep bending over until we'd collected enough for lunch!

Autumn Mist said...

So funny!

Bibi said...

You two are like two peas in a pod :)

Von said...

The Golden Goose , now there's a thought, maybe one of mine will transform.

Dee Martin said...

brave man :)

Ladybird World Mother said...

!!!! Love that sort of giggle.