Ponder this:

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Midwinter blahs: Dark, Dark...

For Sunday Stills: Moods and Emotions (Click on the link to see others' contributions.)


The natural world here is all gray and brown trees and white sky.









It all reminds me of the beginning of the Hell scene in the movie "What Dreams May Come." 
I'm feeling a little dark these days.  

Dark, Dark, is all I find for metaphor;
All else were contrast, --save that contrast's wall
Is down, and all opposed things flow together
Into a vast monotony, where night
And day, and frost and thaw, and death and life,
Are synonyms...
~from Interim by Edna St. Vincent Millay            





It will pass, I know.  It always has.
Some vitamin D, some outdoor activity, 
some infusion of oxygen into my blood.  
Eventually, spring will come. 
It always has.

7 comments:

Patches said...

I'm right there with ya on the winter blahs! Nice pics.

Barb said...

I like your photos, your musings, and your quote, June. Yes, a little brisk winter air will invigorate - spring will come to you before it does to me.

Wanda..... said...

March is not far June...I expressed a bit of the same today on my post! Just stand in the windows and breathe!

Von said...

Spring will arrive no doubt,in the meantime stay off those bleak books!!Drop by for some of that sunshine! Good wishes.....

Autumn Mist said...

I've been thinking of you as I don't seem to have seen your posts of late, and hope you are ok. The snow has finally left us, and I want to hug the brown and green earth, I have missed it so much!

Lynette said...

That is an excellent shot of that hanging limb. It may replace MiMau in the trees as your best (in my mind). Do either of those photos have titles?

Lord Wellbourne said...

I love Edna St. Vincent Millay--an inspired Maine girl. I, too, am over the dreariness of a Maine winter. Know that I am basking in the light and warmth of your genius.