I think we've gotten the entire winter allotment of snow in the past few days.
We've had an extraordinarily easy winter, so we were due.
- Twenty-four hour power outage: check
- Passenger vehicles stuck in the driveway: check
- Tractor stuck while snowblowing: check
- Walking like duck to keep balance: check
- Walking like duck to keep balance while carrying ashes to provide tractor tire traction: check
- Walking like duck to keep balance while carrying wood for woodstove: check
- Opening the side door just to see the dogs wonder why there was a big white wall where outdoors should be: check
- Admiring the snow clinging to the trees: check
- Thrilling to see the bluebird males looking around for summer quarters: check
- Watching the dogs frolic: check
Glad to have had it.
Now it can go and make way for spring.
I am so sorry for the people in Garrett, Maryland.
"We had one report of 23 inches of new snow. That's on top of what we already had. We are probably close to 250 inches of snow for the year now... more than 20 feet." ~2/26/10, Brad Frantz, Garrett Maryland's director of emergency managementTwenty feet of snow is just cruel, unusual, and unnecessary punishment.