My title, salary, and hours have changed to, overall, "less." I had suggested the change (essentially reversion to my pre-department-head classification) to Power That Be in a conversation some weeks ago. My days are still partly in Morning Job and partly in Afternoon Job, but the Morning Job portion is reduced by one hour. My workday begins at 9am instead of 8am.
I am pleased with this change for these reasons:
- Three hours of daily torture is always preferable to four
- Breezing in at 9am feels like having had half a day off
- I have gained some points in the overall scheme of Power That Be to achieve a larger project, my salary having been a point of contention in discussions
- I am still health-insured
- It could be a lot worse
- And, finally, the flush of joy at housecleaning did, as Friko suggested, wear off rather rapidly.